Details of Professional Activities
- For a full listing and descriptions of books and technical manuals click here.
- For a full listing of refereed articles and invited chapters click here.
- For a full listing of popular articles and internet publications click here.
- For a full listing of copyrighted materials click here.
- For a full listing of internationally and nationally presented papers and workshops click here.
- For a full listing of international and national practical consultations click here.
- For a full listing of academic consultations click here.
- For a full listing of practical workshops conducted by Dr. Rushall click here.
- For a full historical listing of courses taught at universities click here.
- An Australian who has taught in Australia, Canada, and the USA.
- All degrees are with honors - first student to graduate with the DPE (Hons) degree from Sydney Teachers' College and the first student to graduate with a Ph.D. degree in Human Performance from Indiana University.
- Has received accelerated promotions and awards of tenure at all institutions - was promoted from the rank of Assistant-Professor to Full-Professor bypassing the Associate-Professor level.
- Started the first post-graduate degree in the study of Theory of Coaching in the western world.
- Is recognized as the founding scholar in the field of Behavioral Sport Psychology - is recognized as a world authority in Coaching Science.
- Has written 74 books and technical manuals.
- Has published more than 450 articles, book chapters, and sport psychology tests.
- Has been the keynote speaker at many world and international congresses and symposia - has lectured and provided workshops on most continents.
- Is a four-time Olympic Team psychologist for Canada (for sports of wrestling, swimming, ski-jumping, and cross-country skiing).
- Is the first sport psychologist to be appointed to a Canadian Olympic Team and to become a member of the Olympic Club of Canada.
- Has represented Canada and the USA at Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, World Championships, and World Cup events in a number of sports.
- Has consulted with more than 80 international organizations in the fields of sport psychology, coaching science, coaching education, and systems design.
- Has coached world-record holders and has been psychologist to some of the world's best athletes.
- Was selected on the first All-American Rugby Team.
- Is the proprietor of the international consulting firm of Sports Science Associates.
- Rowing Master and Teacher of Physical Education, The Sydney Boys' High School, Australia (1960-1963)
- Sports Master and Teacher of Physical Education, Sefton High School, Australia (1964)
- Graduate Assistant, Research Computing Center, Indiana University (1965-1968)
- Assistant-Professor, Macon Junior College, Georgia (1968-1969)
- Assistant-Professor, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (1971-1975)
- Visiting Professor, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada (1973)
- Distinguished Visiting Professor, University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, Connecticut (1975)
- Professor, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada (1975-1985)
- Visiting Professor, University of New South Wales, Kensington, NSW, Australia (1979)
- Professor, Exercise and Nutritional Sciences, San Diego State University, San Diego, California (1985-2004)
- California State University, CSU Academic Senate - San Diego State University representative (2000-2004)
- Professor Emeritus, Exercise and Nutritional Sciences, San Diego State University, San Diego, California (2004- )
Schools and Degrees obtained:
- Diploma of Physical Education with Honours, Sydney Teachers'
College, Australia, 1960
- Incomplete BA in Psychology, Sydney University, Australia, 1964
- MS in Physical Education (Exercise Physiology) with Honors,
Indiana University, 1967
- Ph.D. (Human Performance), Indiana University, 1969
Other Professional Certifications:
- Certified Teacher, Science and Physical Education, NSW Department
of Education, Australia, 1961
- Systems Engineer, IBM Australia Ltd., 1970
- Certified Psychologist, Psychologists' Registration Board, NSW,
- International Elite Coach, American Swimming Coaches' Association,
- Ordained Minister, Universal Life Church, 1995
- Courses in graphics, internet, and office productivity. New Horizons Computer Learning Center, San Diego, 2002-3
- Fellow - International Society for Sport Psychology
- Fellow - Association for the Advancement of Applied Sport Psychology
- Member - Olympic Club of Canada (life-time)
- Member - Phi Beta Delta, Honor Society for International Scholars
- Member - International Association for Physical Education in Higher Education
- Member - American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance.
The information in this home page represents that of Brent S. Rushall and not necessarily that of San Diego State University. Brent S. Rushall takes full responsibility for the information presented.
Click here to return to the top of this page.
Return to List of Workshops Home Page.
Return to Coaching Science Abstracts Home Page.
Return to Swimming Science Journal Home Page.