ON-SITE INTERVENTION TECHNIQUES FOR ATHLETE PREPARATIONS: A 5-HOUR WORKSHOP
This workshop focuses on athlete preparations at the competition site and the possible actions of the coach during that period. Two features are emphasized: 1) the measurement of pre-competition responses and tendencies, and 2) the appropriate intervention techniques to change atypical responses.
Elite/professional/national coaches, elite athletes, and applied sport psychologists.
- Measurement Items
- Achievement motivation orientation to the competition of the athlete.
- Athlete-preferred situational characteristics of the competitive environment.
- Pre-competition performance readiness symptoms.
- Pre-competition performance readiness levels.
- Self-perceived sport pressure sources.
- Intervention Techniques
- Localized relaxation.
- Incompatible distractions.
- Guided-attention focusing.
- Physical interventions.
- Symptom removal.
- Practical demonstrations and experiences of the above items.
A master copy of a workbook which needs to be reproduced and distributed to participants will be supplied. The workbook is 60 pages in length.
Return to List of Workshops.