THE PSYCHOLOGY OF SUCCESSFUL COMPETING: A 5-HOUR WORKSHOP
This workshop presents an outline of the essential factors involved with successful pre-competition and competition strategies. It serves a primary function of stimulating athletes and coaches to think about items which are important to consider in the competitive situation.
Serious athletes, coaches, and applied sport psychologists.
- Essential Features of Competition Psychology.
- Positive thinking.
- Content decision making.
- Self-fulfilling prophecy.
- The coping skill.
- Periodic goals during performance.
- The Structure of Competition Strategies
- Wake-up procedures.
- Normal planned routine.
- At the venue.
- Contest build-up routine.
- Segmenting the event.
- Contest initiation.
- Psychological build-up.
- Task-relevant thinking.
- Positive self-statements.
- Cue words.
- Coping strategies.
- Psychological Actions
- How to do performance-enhancement imagery.
- How to practice positive imagery.
- How to achieve maximum readiness states.
A master copy of a 25-page workbook which needs to be reproduced and distributed to participants will be supplied.
Return to List of Workshops.