SWIMMING COACHES' CODE OF CONDUCT
From the Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association, 2002.
COACH TO ATHLETE
- A coach member of the Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association will always make decisions based on the best interest of the athlete.
- A coach/teacher member of the Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association shall not engage in sexual relations with any minor. Sexual misconduct consists of any behaviour that utilises the influence of the coaching position to encourage inappropriate intimacy between coach and athlete.
- Coaches/teachers of age athletes shall not engage in sexual relations with athletes that they coach, even of legal age.
(From Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association code of conduct)
- Verbally abuse anyone.
- Make racist or sexist jokes or comments.
- Make jokes or comments about sexual preferences.
- Allow offensive pictures or graffiti to be visible.
- Touch anyone in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Make uninvited sexual comments that offend, intimidate, or humiliate.
- Discriminate against or harass anyone.
(From Australian Swimming Member Protection Policy)
Return to Table of Contents for this issue.