SELF-CONFIDENCE AND SELF-EFFICACY
Rushall Thoughts, 1974.
Self-confidence and belief in the adequacy of preparation for a forthcoming important competition is affected by, among other things:
- quality and adequacy of training,
- adequacy of taper and performance improvements during the taper,
- past experiences with competition preparations (the recall of negative events is debilitating),
- the degree and extent of distractions at the pre-competition and competition sites,
- perceived task difficulty, and
- performance goals.
Return to Table of Contents for this issue.